Homemade Cookie Day
Everyone could use a little extra sweetness in their lives this year, so tie on your apron, preheat your oven, and celebrate National Homemade Cookie Day on October 1 by baking a batch or two of your favorite cookies!
Did you know that the average person consumes almost 19 thousand cookies in their lifetime? It might not come as a surprise, since families have been passing down recipes in this country for generations! Everyone has a favorite cookie that reminds them of fond memories and the people they love.
Bake up a batch of your favorite cookie as a gift for your family, neighbors, coworkers, and friends! The sweetness of the cookie and the nostalgia combined may brighten their whole day.
Baking tips for first-timers:
- A great cookie starts with a strong foundation: the dough!
- Cream the butter and sugar together to create a smooth, fluffy mixture,
so the sugar isn’t grainy.
- Beat in each egg separately, one at a time.
- Add your dry flour mix in last to create your dough.
- Once you have the dough, the possibilities are endless! Add your favorite nut, chocolate, dried fruit, or frosting to create your own signature cookie.
- Try using uniquely-shaped cookie-cutters for some extra fun!